Monday 29 August 2011

Pocket Spill.


I had a busy weekend, with the rugby on Sat night.............yes I still follow the Wallabies, once an Aussie, always Aussie! It was the first  Tri Nations win for us since I arrived on these shores in 2003. Then last night went to the Taranaki vs Hawks Bay game and saw the home boys retain the Ranfurly Shield. In between I managed a few quick hunts with not much success......................So tonight I was hell bent on some pre decimals. I went back to a spot in 'the park' that I had hunted only once before, back when I had the 'el cheapo' headphones and no propointer. I had always thought there should have been more there than the few old decimal coins I picked up back then. Well the pictures are worth a thousand words........30 coins in 1 1/2 hrs including this pocket spill of 4 half pennys, a florin, sixpence and threepence.

4 comments:

  1. Hey good going! And you got a penny from the homeland! :)

    Bet if you hit the place again you will find just as many all over again and with the age of those pre-dec's there should be a bit of silver under the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul :) I'm tempted to order a 2nd propointer from the states, incase the 1st one dies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine only took a few weeks to get there and get back from warranty work. But I did miss it!!

    ReplyDelete