Wednesday 3 August 2011

New Propointer finds silver first time out!

I arrived home today to find my new Propointer had been delivered.............Just had to get out for a quick hunt to try it out. We went back to a favorite park, on a particular hill that I had been over a few times before but I knew there were a few signals there I had never been able to find. I thought it would be a good test for the Propointer. This particular spot overlooks a sports field and is full of bottle caps and ring pulls so I intended to use the pinpointer to dismiss the finds just under the surface..............I must say, I'm Impressed! We hunted for only an hour or so and unearthed 19 coins I had previously missed, 7 pre decimals (1 silver)  and 12 brown buggas. Add to that 2 keys and an old Tangee brass lipstick case and I think I can say I am entirely satisfied with the Propointer. I just wish I had bought one a year ago instead of my useless Automax!

Here are the pics of the hunt.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah there a cool tool.
    I even bought a backup in case I have to send one for repair. The directional feature is really useful too.
    HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatest invention for the detectorist since the silver coin.....

    I have only been without mine for less then a week and I miss it greatly. The Bullseye II I'm using is quality pointer but it is nothing compared to the Pro-pointer!

    Stick some electricians tape over the speaker hole - at this time of year it is easy to plop it in a puddle etc and the speaker hole is the only weak link in its water resistance. If you don't it will soon clog up with mud anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds,looks like I will have to invest in one of those pin pointers

    ReplyDelete