Thursday 25 August 2011

COMPEITION TIME!

Ok guys, lets have a bit of fun.................I'm going to run a competition, sort of like, guess the amount of lollies in the jar. Here is a pic of my jar of old decimal coins dug this year. All you have to do to win, is guess the value of the coins.

The prize will be this Australian .800 silver 1966 50c piece. I will run the comp for a week or until someone gets it bang on. If no one guesses exactly, the prize will go to the closest guess.
A couple of hints:
The coins and jar weigh 9kg, its 340mm high and has a diameter of 110mm. All the currency is represented from 50c to 1c, I would say the 50 % of the coins are 1,2,5 &10c pieces.
There is somewhere between $130.00 and $160.00 worth of coins in the jar.

GOOD LUCK!

9 comments:

  1. Value of the coins: $147.53. No idea why I typed that amount but it will do! :)

    I'm waiting to find a tumbler for mine then will just carton them up and send them to the Reserve Bank with a big ???? where the amount goes. Too many to bother with counting now, the bank can have the fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops lol! I Thought it was the number of coins I had to guess.... sorry been a long day, ok $142.21 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK my guess will be ...........

    $153.48

    ReplyDelete
  4. 135.55 :)

    Puts my old decimal collection to shame! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to think up a competition too.. actually I have this bucket with quite alot of old coinage.. I have absolutely no idea how much... a real blind competition.. I could even enter...

    ReplyDelete
  6. $153.90
    Gosh.. I should count up my chest of coins too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PeaceHavens
    Re:Blog I guess 144.44 ....
    your what is this? .. is a Jew's Harp ... regards Ged

    ReplyDelete