Sunday 14 August 2011

Finaly! Big Silver

You wouldn't read about it...........after blogging recently about there being only one silver 1/2 crown lost around here, and that I've already found it...................Today I dug another one. Carol and I decided to head out of town for a drive earlier today, and as always I threw the detector in the back.........just on the off chance we might see some potential new hunting spots. We did find one small park we had never hunted before, it looked promising but after 40 mins in the freezing wind all we dug was a solitary penny. There was another park around the corner that we had success with before, so I thought we would give it a quick going over before heading home. After about an hour we had dug another 4 pennys and a 1/2 penny, a bunch of old decimals and $4 in goldies. It was about this stage the cold wind was getting to both of us and we decided to head off home, I joked about how finding a  silver 1/2 Crown would be a nice way to finish off the days hunt. Carol just smiled and nodded and I kept swinging on the way back to the car. Suddenly I hear a nice tone, a bit higher than a penny........the signal says 2", I'm thinking bottle top, propointer screams at me..................now I'm sure its a bottle top. Flick the soil away and this is what lay beneath.............



Boy did I do the happy dance!

1 comment:

  1. It's in a nice condition as well! Congrats!

    Now next time you have to say to Carol "It would be nice to finish the day with a gold & diamond ring"........

    ReplyDelete