Saturday 30 July 2011

Royal Flush and Silver


Up early this morning for a quick hunt in a favorite park. A few nice finds in the hour and a half I was out, the best being a sterling silver bangle...........nearly didn't dig it as it was comming up the same number as a rusty bottle cap, however the signal was too large so I'm glad I did. Also managed the royal flush of old decimal, all the coins from 50c-1c and only 1 of each! Topped it off with 3 pennys and 13 bucks of goldies, so I'm a happy chappie this morning.

6 comments:

  1. Good hunt, and the "Royal Flush" is unusual. Check the years - could be consecutive or the same year? You never know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you read the headstamp on the shell case Guy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can read all but one letter, @ 10 o'clock the letters CAC, @ 2 o'clock the numbers ?9, and at 6 o'clock the number 7

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Also found another shell case in the same park a few days ago, the headstamp on this one is a bit different. It has CAC running from 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock,a C at 7 o'clock and II at 5 o'clock. Any Ideas? I believe the CAC means they were made in a government factory so they are military.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one you found the other day probably says
    C A C
    C VII
    Check out the latest entry re .303 shells on my blog which tries to explain the meaning of the letters. However having C (cordite propellant) with VII (MARK 7) sort of contradicts my research a bit. Will have to do more.
    HH

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes bangles being so big ring in really high.

    ReplyDelete