Friday 15 July 2011

Rain,rain GO AWAY!

Well the weather people finally got it right and the sky cleared this afternoon after a solid week of rain, hail and plenty of snow on the mountain. I got home from work today around 4ish and as I was suffering from treasure hunting withdrawal symptoms, and the sky was clear, I was determined to get a short hunt in. I didn't care if all I dug was pull tabs and bottle caps................I was determined to get out there and do it! Went back to a favorite spot just 5 mins drive away not really expecting to find much as I had been over and over it many times before. This time I decided to  dig all the really "iffy" deep signals I may have skipped over before, hoping for the best and maybe a coin or two. The first couple of signals turned out to be big slabs of rusty iron very deep............around 12 -15 inches, but I stuck to my plan and after an hour and a half came up with these, all pre decimal and one more Victorian for the collection. It just goes to show, those "iffy" signals are well worth digging.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling of just having to get out and dig! Good going on the "iffy's" you were so close to silver with that lot I'm surprised one of those coins didn't turn out to be. Bet there are some still there...

    ReplyDelete