Sunday 24 July 2011

Lean pickings so far this weekend.



I managed to dodge the wind and rain and get out for a couple of 1hr hunts this weekend, again cherry picking trashy areas I had given up on previously. Not much to be had, 3 bucks in spending, a few old decimals, 4 pennys, a copper nickel 1/2 crown and florin and a couple of bits of junk jewellery. The interesting finds were the "Rhodesia" badge and the marble paper weight, the brass insert in the middle had glass in it (broken) and I could see the remnants of the letters N,S,E,W so I am thinking it was a compass.

3 comments:

  1. Well Guy your tally looks pretty good to me as I got out to a local beach this morning and found a $1 coin.
    That Rhodesia badge could be quite old. Does Rhodesia stll exist or did it get a name change some years back? (I might be thinking of somewhere else maybe).
    HH in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhodesia is now called Zimbabwe, I've been looking on the net and it seems to be a military badge, there are a couple of similar ones..........not quite the same though. I'll post a pic if I can find one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean "Not much to be had". Those are great finds! - love the paperweight!

    If it is a military badge, I wonder if it was from the times of their bush wars? And if so what is it doing in little old NZ?

    ReplyDelete