Tuesday 3 January 2012

School's out and I'm in!

Yes, back again to the same old school in the next town this afternoon for a couple of hours hunting. I thought there was still a few bits and bobs to be had, you know those 'iffy' signals that usually turn out to be canslaw or junkite. I decided to dig everything registering above 25 on the F4, I always hunt in all metal and use the big computer upstairs to discriminate and decide whether to dig or not. Suprisingly I came up with another 45 coins mostly old decimals as you can see however amongst that lot I dug a silver 6d, 3 1920's pennys and a '47 half crown. Also dug this lovely silver plated cuff button, it has a crown and coat of arms so must be from either the military or some government department. I'm still not sure I've cleaned it right out yet so there will be at least 1 or 2 more hunts there during the school holidays. As with the last old school I did over and over again, ....... all the finds are comming from a roughly 65 sq metre area around the old playground and amongst the big old trees.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Guy.
    Cmon lets have a close up of the button.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I always used all metal with the f4, in fact its the one thing I wish the etrac had.. just your basic all metal.. the etrac has a fancy electronic version but I think sometimes less can be more.

    ReplyDelete