Sunday 22 January 2012

Foreign Coins

I was sorting the foreign coins today waiting for the rain to stop and realised I have quite a lot of countrys coinage. Not including Australia,( I have lots of these!) there are coins from the US, Great Britain, Fiji, Samoa, Spain, Switzerland, Denmark, Hong Kong, Singapore,Thailand, Germany, China, Vanuatu and South Africa.
I would be interested in knowing if everyone else has such a diverse collection of dug 'alien' coins. Looking at my records, most of them were dug at schools, which makes sense, with  the next biggest haul from our largest park which attracts lots of tourists.
Here's a pic.

2 comments:

  1. Yep I have a amassed a good selection including some Russian Rubles. I must take an inventory soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same, slowly filling up a tupperware container with them. Most were found on the beach and I have noticed a certain area on each beach seems to attract the backpackers. The majority of the overseas coins come from these areas.

    ReplyDelete