Sunday 1 January 2012

Back into the 'Swing of Things", New Years Day hunt.

We are back from our little overseas jaunt, got back just before Christmas. Had a great time in Perth but I had forgotton just how hot it gets there, we had 38 deg for the first 3 days and then it cooled down to the low 30s. I managed to get in a couple of hunts on the beaches over there, not much to show for it except about $50 in goldies and the lovely stg silver Gucci ring below. I was quite supprised to find myself sharing the beach with a couple of other MD'rs, I wanted to swap stories but they kept their distance..........not quite so friendly as the Kiwi MD'rs. I did get in another hunt on Boxing day at one of my favorite old schools in the next town, the same one I dug the last gold ring in at the end of Nov. Managed to pull out another 45 coins taking the grand total from that school for the year.........155 coins and there are still plenty more to find I think!
We have pretty much had rain 24/7 for the last 3 or 4 days, so when the heavens cleared for a couple of hours this afternoon Carol and I headed out to our favorite park right in the city for a bit of 'bush bashing'. Not a lot of finds but at least we were out there doing it!. I like the old padlock, and the little stg silver jandal charm is sweet.
I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and are not too hung over today............here's to another great year of treasure hunting!
CHEERS


5 comments:

  1. That is a nice fat ring Guy and 50AU$ as well is pretty good going in that heat.
    Victor who? Lawnmower?
    Happy new year
    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, yes I think it is an ID plate from a lawnmower. I'll research it and see what we come up with. Just had a look online,not the lawnmower thats spelt Victa..........any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this.........what do you think?

    The Victor Talking Machine Company (1901–1929) was an American corporation, the leading American producer of phonographs and phonograph records and one of the leading phonograph companies in the world at the time. It was headquartered in Camden, New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Possibility but would it have had NZ on it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back and trust you had a good break,I like that oold padlock,sorry cant help with the victor badge but keep us informed....

    ReplyDelete