Sunday 26 June 2011

Sunday's finds


We did get out today, although the weather men got it wrong.......... it was supposed to be fine and sunny  but it pissed down all morning. We headed off around lunchtime in the direction of the blue sky............not exactly where I had planned but another site I saw on Google maps that I thought might have some potential. It was bitterly cold, a real southerly blowing and the temp was only 8 or 9 deg c, I recon the wind chill factor would have brought the temp down to under 5 deg! After being skunked on the first place we headed back towards home and stopped at a small town that had a park on the river bank, my research told me the park was dedicated in 1899.......................so there should be some old coins there. Well after a couple of hours hunting in the freezing cold we came up with this little lot. I will definately be going back to give it the once over again as I wouldn't have hunted more than 10% of it today.

1 comment:

  1. Sure was cold in the pm.
    Those damm lead heads are everywhere.
    HH

    ReplyDelete