Sunday 8 April 2012

The knives are out at the Field.......

 After the hunt on Friday,I was almost certain that there was very little "treasure" left in the field................ WRONG! After a very slow start this afternoon we eventually came home with another 42 coins including 2 more silvers, and two more pen knives, along with the shank of a bone handled dinner kinfe. I'm now going over the areas where the grass was too long before, its getting harder and harder to find a signal, so I think I'm nearly done here. There is still one corner of the field that I have avoided after discovering about 20 or so bottle caps aroud 2-3" deep. I'll probably go back just to clean that up and make sure none are coins masquerading as Tui caps. The only other area not done is the fenceline along the road side, the grass here is up to my knees, if the land owner moves the steers in that direction and they get it down to swingable length I'll do that too.


1 comment:

  1. Boy o boy,that field has been a cracker alright,kind of sad it is coming to an end,but hey maybe the best is yet to come keep at it...

    ReplyDelete