Sunday 4 March 2012

Low, Slow and methodical gets the finds....

After the 'weather bomb' storm comming through on Friday night, I spent the day yesterday cleaning up the mess, primearily the fallen tree across my driveway! Just missed the front fence and one of our cars by about 1/2 a metre. Hope you all got through without too much drama.
Today dawned bright and sunny & much cooler because we have had quite a dump of snow on the mountain overnight. We decided to go back to the old school out of town where we dug the silver 1/2 crown last weekend. I thought I had been pretty thorough last week and not missed much but the  lure of more goodies called me back. Today I took the time to grid the grasssed area ( about 20mX20m ) and overlap my swings. Low and slow was the call, digging everything that registered above iron, including all those iffy, jumpy signals. The picture shows the results..........no silver but plenty of good finds. 46 more coins, 5 of them pre decimals, a couple more goldies, another ring similar to a couple of others I have dug before, a nice heart locket....gold plated I think, my compulsory knuckelbone and a NZ Forces button. Not bad for a 3 hr hunt.

2 comments:

  1. Yep good hunt Guy.
    That locket is a bit unusual.
    Glad to hear the storm didn't get you.
    HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done :) I have dug a similar ring to that too. Changes color with the heat of your finger! Mood Ring?

    HH!

    ReplyDelete