Sunday 11 March 2012

Field of Dreams 2....More Silver!

The weather forcast was for crappy rain today so we shot out to the Field of Dreams early this morning with the aim of getting a couple of hours in before the rain. We wern't dissapointed, another 64 coins including 17 pennys, 4 1/2 pennys, 7 silvers, the usual copper nickel florins, shillings and 6ds. Plenty more brown buggers and a nice stg locket and small stg ring. Only done about 10% of the field so far but there seems to be one area where all the finds are concentrated. I suspect this is where they held their gala days.


4 comments:

  1. Gee only 10%.
    I guess were gonna see a lot more yet then.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, I'm hoping there will be more but I suspect the area where all the finds came from near the front entrance to the field was the 'gala' area. I think most of the rest was just playing fields-rugby grounds for the school. The further I got from the 'hotspot' the fewer the finds..........I will of course keep going back until the day I come home with nothing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is a hot spot,and good results to.Im sure there is lots more there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome hauls from that field! :) HH!

    ReplyDelete