Wednesday 2 May 2012

A bit more from the "Goldmine"

Jeeez Chris I think you put the mokkers on me when you mentioned my $2-$1 ratio from the park........LOL I am now getting more $1 coins, gonna take me longer to save up for the Etrac this way! Anyway another quick 1 hr hunt before dinner tonight, (pasta and meatballs BTW) netted 27 coins, $13 in goldies and this nice silver and turquoise earing. Saw the "other" detectorist there again, said hello and moved on. I think he is using one of the el cheapo Chinese knock offs, similar to a bounty hunter by the looks of it. He wasn't very chatty, I got the feeling he felt we were "invading" his territory. Shame, I would have liked to compare notes.


4 comments:

  1. Nah, nah it wasn't me. To get $2 coins you have to keep to the right, you must have gone left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went right.............really I did!!!!!!! Thats where I got the silver earing amongst the pile of $1s. not going to listen to you again.next time I'm going LEFT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds the complete opposite what the detectors in chch are like, hell - we end up heading to a pub and chatting about forming a club down here when we meetup ;) hehe.

    Great amount of finds from this park! Your last couple haunts have done you well :)HH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ash, I do put in a fair bit of research so it's nice when it pays off!

    ReplyDelete