Saturday 15 October 2011

Lost my propointer!!!

Damn!
Went to go for a hunt today, the first since last weekend and my propointer is missing. I know it came back from Taupo with us last Saturday, and we had it on Sunday during an unsuccessful hunt at a local school. That was the last time I saw it. The digger is in the bag, the propointer holster is in the bag but no bloody propointer. BUGGER!, BUGGER! BUGGER! Went back to the school just on the offchance I had dropped it and it was still there, but it is of course school holidays........so I'm guessing some kid now has a totaly alien piece of electronic equipment in his room that makes a nice beep beep sound when near metal! Anyway I've emailed the school  in case it is handed in but don't like my chances.
On a brighter note, got out for a hunt today at another old school I've been to before, 40ish coins, including 4 pennys and a US quarter.I had forgotton just how much easier the propointer makes it to find your coins!


5 comments:

  1. That is for sure a bother, dam and dash situation Guy. I guess we all have some concerns about loosing gear as you cant just go down the road and buy another easily. Hope it shows up for you.
    HH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! Hope it does turn up for ya too. If not, and you decide to order one from overseas, im sure someone, if not a few others could share shipping with ya. Id get a 2nd one for a spare if no-one else wants one :) Kellyco quoted US$254.90 + US$50 shipping fed-ex intl. for 2 propointers when i emailed a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugger about the Pro-pointer! I'm always thinking about attaching mine to a retractable cord like used on fly fishing vests. (like this: http://www.flyshop.co.nz/product/reel.html).

    ReplyDelete
  4. In parks I have occasionally been wary of dogs grabbing the pro pointer lying beside me and buggering off with it! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I lost my leshe Saturday.. got home from Beachlands after an unsuccessful hunt for a lost gold ring and no digging tool... so I got to drive all that way back on Sunday morning and luckily found it.. it had fallen behind a seat we sheltered from the rain on...

    ReplyDelete